For finger-licking chicken, you cant go past these golden oven-baked drumsticks served with a fresh apple and radish slaw.
The ingredient of Spicy oven-baked chicken with slaw
- 12 Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, finely ground
- Olive oil spray
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cut into matchsticks
- 1 bunch radish, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 baby savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small fennel, shaved
- 1/4 cup (75g) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mint, finely shredded
The instruction how to make Spicy oven-baked chicken with slaw
- Place the chicken in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Pour over buttermilk. Turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours to rest.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Combine the flour, sesame seeds, paprika, cumin, coriander, oregano, fennel, celery salt and pepper in a large bowl. Drain 1 piece of chicken from the buttermilk, then place in the flour mixture. Turn to coat. Place on a lined tray. Repeat with remaining chicken and flour mixture.
- Spray chicken with oil. Bake, turning occasionally and swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 40-45 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
- To make the apple & radish slaw, combine the apple, radish, carrot, cabbage, fennel, mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl. Add the mint and toss to combine. Season.
- Place the chicken in a serving dish. Serve with the slaw.
Nutritions of Spicy oven-baked chicken with slawfatContent: 741.378 calories
saturatedFatContent: 38 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 13 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 53 grams protein