Be inspired by the new season with this tasty chicken risotto made with fresh spring veggies.
The ingredient of Risotto primavera with lemon and herb chicken
- 5 cups (1.25L) chicken stock
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 3cm lengths
- 40g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, washed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (40g) grated parmesan
- 450g Coles Grill Lemon & Herb Chicken Thigh Fillets
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Risotto primavera with lemon and herb chicken
- Bring stock to the boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add asparagus and cook for 3 mins or until asparagus is just tender. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat butter and oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until leek softens. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins or until grains appear glassy. Add wine and cook, stirring, until almost absorbed. Add 1/2 cup (125ml) of stock and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the liquid is completely absorbed. Continue adding the stock, 1 ladleful at a time, stirring constantly, and allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding more. Cook for 25 mins or until rice is tender yet firm to the bite and risotto is creamy. Add asparagus to the risotto with peas and parmesan. Cook for a further 2 mins or until peas are cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Cook chicken, turning occasionally, for 10-15 mins or until cooked through. Thickly slice.
- Divide risotto among serving plates. Top with chicken and parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Risotto primavera with lemon and herb chickenfatContent: