Light up the barbie with this char-grilled, Korean-inspired chicken served with a pickled cabbage salad.
The ingredient of Korean chicken with pickled cabbage salad
- 6 Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Thigh Fillets, halved crossways
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha or chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 wombok (Chinese cabbage), finelyu00a0shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
The instruction how to make Korean chicken with pickled cabbage salad
- Combine the chicken, soy sauce, Sriracha, brown sugar and chilli powder in au00a0large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 mins to develop the flavours.
- Meanwhile, combine the wombok, carrot, vinegar, caster sugar and salt in au00a0largeu00a0bowl. Toss to combine.
- Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Cook chicken for 3-4 mins each side or until caramelised and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover and setu00a0aside for 5 mins to rest.
- Drain the wombok mixture. Add the mint and toss to combine. Sprinkle the chicken with sesame seeds and serve with pickled cabbage salad.
Nutritions of Korean chicken with pickled cabbage saladfatContent: 442.15 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 13 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 46 grams protein