Tarragon adds a wonderful flavour to this hearty pasta main.
The ingredient of Creamy chicken, leek and tarragon linguine
- 400g linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 small chicken breast fillets, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) cream
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 /4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- shaved parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy chicken, leek and tarragon linguine
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to packet directions or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the oil and cook chicken in batches for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and golden. Remove, cover and keep warm.
- Decrease heat to medium, add the remaining oil, leek and garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes, until leek is softened. Add the cream, lemon rind and lemon juice, and simmer for 3 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Return the chicken to the pan, along with the pasta. Toss with the sauce and tarragon, then taste and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with shaved parmesan.
Nutritions of Creamy chicken, leek and tarragon linguinefatContent: 942.377 calories
saturatedFatContent: 42 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 21 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 78 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 62 grams protein
sodiumContent: 206 milligrams cholesterol