Spice up your night with this finger-licking Portuguese chicken, served with tangy lemon mayonnaise.
The ingredient of Butterflied Portuguese chicken with lemon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 long red chillies
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil, extra
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2.4kg Coles RSPCA Approved Extra Large Whole Chicken
- 600g pkt frozen Birdu2019s Eye Deli Rosemary & Sea Salt Seasoned Chips
- 1/2 cup (150g) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Oregano leaves, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Butterflied Portuguese chicken with lemon mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a large shallow baking dish with baking paper.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over medium high heat. Add chillies and garlic and cook for 2 mins or until chillies start to blister. Transfer to a small processor. Add oregano, paprika, extra oil, vinegar and salt. Process until just smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup of the piri piri sauce.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut down either side of chickenu2019s backbone. Place chicken breast side up and press down on breastbone to flatten. Pace on prepared dish. Brush 1/2 the remaining piri piri sauce. Bake for 1 hour 30 mins, brushing with the remaining sauce occasionally, until golden and cooked through. Set aside to rest for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, bake the chips for the last 30 mins of cooking time or until golden. Combine the mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Divide the chicken with chips among serving plates. Serve with reserved piri piri sauce, lemon mayonnaise, lemon wedges and oregano leaves.
Nutritions of Butterflied Portuguese chicken with lemon mayonnaisefatContent: