Inspired by the American favourite, buffalo wings, this version is easier to make and stickier thanks to the addition of maple syrup and bourbon whiskey. Perfect Friday night fare!
The ingredient of Chicken wings with blue cheese sauce
- 6 (about 850g) chicken wings
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 60ml (1/4 cup) bourbon whiskey
- 2 teaspoons red Tabasco pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Large pinch of cayenne pepper
- 75g (1/4 cup) light sour cream
- 65g (1/4 cup) mayonnaise
- 80g Castello blue cheese, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
The instruction how to make Chicken wings with blue cheese sauce
- Use sharp kitchen scissors to remove and discard the tips from each chicken wing. Cut the wings in half at the joint and place, in a single layer, in a shallow large glass or ovenproof dish.
- Combine the maple syrup, bourbon, Tabasco sauce, garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper in a jug. Pour over the chicken and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 6 hours to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Remove the wrap. Bake in oven, turning occasionally, for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the chicken is golden.
- Meanwhile, to make the blue cheese sauce, place the sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, lemon juice and garlic in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and serve with the sauce.
Nutritions of Chicken wings with blue cheese saucefatContent: 346.311 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 12 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein
sodiumContent: 93 milligrams cholesterol