These chicken and mushroom filo pies make clever party pieces for even the most demanding crowd.
The ingredient of Chicken and mushroom mini filo pies
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 small leek, trimmed, halved, washed, finely chopped
- 300g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, finely chopped
- 50g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 3/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 90g butter, melted
The instruction how to make Chicken and mushroom mini filo pies
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add leek. Cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until just cooked through. Add mushrooms and sage. Cook for 2 minutes, or until mushroom is tender. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until boiled and thickened. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 12-hole, 1 1/2 tablespoon capacity patty pan. Place 1 sheet filo on a flat surface. Brush with butter. Top with 1 sheet filo. Repeat layering with 2 sheets filo. Cut filo stack in half lengthways. Cut each half into thirds. Cover remaining pastry with a damp tea towel so it doesnt dry out. Carefully press each filo piece into 6 holes of prepared patty pan, allowing overhang. Repeat with remaining filo and butter.
- Spoon 1 heaped tablespoon chicken mixture into each pastry case. Fold up sides to form a pouch and pinch to enclose the filling. Brush with butter and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden. Stand for 3 minutes. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and mushroom mini filo piesfatContent: 134.796 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 6.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 41 milligrams cholesterol