A light and fragrant dish of crisp veg and delicate poached chicken that can be served with brown rice for a heartier meal.
The ingredient of Chinese white-cut chicken salad
- 3 x 180g chicken breast fillets
- 4 spring onions, white part chopped, green part thinly sliced lengthways
- 3cm piece ginger, sliced
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) rice vinegar
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1/3 cup (40g) goji berries
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 100g snow peas, thinly sliced, blanched, drained
The instruction how to make Chinese white-cut chicken salad
- Place chicken, white spring onion, ginger, anise and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cover with cold, salted water, bring to a simmer over medium heat, then cook, skimming surface, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stand, covered, for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken, discarding liquid, and cool.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, vinegar, chilli, carrot and berries, then stand for 30 minutes to pickle. Drain, reserving liquid.
- Whisk olive oil, sesame oil, seeds and 2 tablespoons reserved pickling liquid, then season. Shred chicken and toss with green spring onion, coriander, berry mixture, snow peas and dressing.
Nutritions of Chinese white-cut chicken saladfatContent: 288.234 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 12.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 28.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 68 milligrams cholesterol