Want a dish you can make with ingredients in the pantry? Turn everyday baked chicken into a fiesta of colour and flavour with this Mexican-style chicken bake.
The ingredient of Mexican-style chicken with beans and rice
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silks removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Cutlets
- 35g pkt Mission Taco Seasoning Mild
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 x 400g cans Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 x 250g pkts Uncle Benu2019s Mexican Style Rice
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Mexican-style chicken with beans and rice
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Cut down the side of the corn to remove the kernels. Heat oil in a flameproof roasting pan over high heat. Sprinkle the skin side of the chicken with 1 tbs of the taco seasoning. Cook for 2-3 mins each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and combined capsicum to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 3-5 mins or until onion softens. Add remaining taco seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 min. Add tomato, beans and corn kernels. Bring to the boil. Return the chicken to the pan. Bake for 30-35 mins or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat rice following packet directions. Serve with the chicken mixture and coriander leaves.
Nutritions of Mexican-style chicken with beans and ricefatContent: