Spoil that your friends and family with cinnamon-spiced chicken and pomegranate dressing. The short prep time means all you have to do is focus on the cook, then devour!
The ingredient of Cinnamon-spiced chicken with pomegranate dressing
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 large skinless chicken thigh cutlets
- 1/4 cup natural flaked almonds
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 x 250g packets pearl couscous
- 1 litre Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed (see note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
The instruction how to make Cinnamon-spiced chicken with pomegranate dressing
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Combine cinnamon, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, orange rind and juice, and 1/2 the oil in a large bowl. Add chicken. Rub to coat. Place chicken in a roasting pan. Roast for 40 to 50 minutes, sprinkling with almonds in the last 5 minutes of cooking time, or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add couscous and stock. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until couscous is tender.
- Place 1/2 the pomegranate seeds in a small food processor. Process until finely chopped. Strain mixture through a fine sieve set over a bowl. Discard solids (youu2019ll need 1/4 cup juice). Add vinegar, sugar and remaining oil to juice. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Combine mint and remaining pomegranate seeds in a bowl.
- Spoon couscous onto a serving platter. Top with chicken. Sprinkle with mint mixture and drizzle with dressing. Serve.
Nutritions of Cinnamon-spiced chicken with pomegranate dressingfatContent: 605.865 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 55.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 37.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 130 milligrams cholesterol