A winning gluten-free dish of chicken, olives and tomato served with a creamy polenta and red wine sauce. The balsamic vinegar adds sweetness and depth of flavour to the chicken ragu.
The ingredient of Sweet veg and chicken ragu with polenta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 650g chicken breast fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh continental parsley stems, finely chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 80g (1/2 cup) kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 200g sweet grape tomatoes, halved
- 80ml (1/3 cup) red wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 120g (2/3 cup) instant polenta
- 15g butter, chopped
- 25g (1/3 cup) parmesan, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh continental parsley, chopped
- Rocket leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Sweet veg and chicken ragu with polenta
- Heat 1 tbs of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken. Cook, in 2 batches, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer chicken to a bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Add the onion and parsley stems and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the capsicum, olives and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the tomato. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until collapsed. Add the wine and vinegar. Simmer for 1 minute. Return the chicken to the pan. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock and milk to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Gradually add polenta in a thin, steady stream, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until combined. Reduce heat to low. Stir for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in the butter and parmesan. Season.
- Divide polenta among plates. Top with the ragu, parsley and rocket.
Nutritions of Sweet veg and chicken ragu with polentafatContent: 537.75 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 46 grams protein