Turn on the BBQ for these easy spiced chicken thighs served with sweet and nutty Persian rice.
The ingredient of Barbecue chicken with Persian rice salad
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 8 small Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup (55g) currants
- 8 dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (35g) pistachio kernels, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup (140g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 small garlic clove, crushed
The instruction how to make Barbecue chicken with Persian rice salad
- Place the rice, half the turmeric and 2 1/4 cups (560ml) water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to very low. Cover and simmer for 10 mins or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside, covered, for 2 mins. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place chicken in a glass or ceramic dish. Combine oil, cumin and remaining turmeric in a bowl. Drizzle over chicken. Season. Toss to coat.
- Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Cook chicken for 4-5 mins each side or until cooked through.
- Add currants, apricot, pistachio and pine nuts to the rice. Season. Stir until well combined. Combine yoghurt, mint, garlic and 1 tbs water in a bowl. Season.
- Divide the rice salad and chicken among serving plates. Serve with the yoghurt mixture.
Nutritions of Barbecue chicken with Persian rice saladfatContent: 390.765 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 46 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 17 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 39 grams protein