The ingredient of Lemon, spinach & chilli chicken pasta
- 500g penne rigate
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- A pinch dried red chilli flakes
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 150g bag baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup roughly torn basil leaves
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Lemon, spinach & chilli chicken pasta
- Cook pasta according to the packet instructions until al dente. Drain well, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking water, and return pasta to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, chilli and lemon zest, and fry for a further 3 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add to the pasta with the reserved water, lemon juice, spinach, basil and some salt and pepper.Stir over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes, until the spinach is just wilted. Serve garnished with plenty of shaved parmesan.
Nutritions of Lemon, spinach & chilli chicken pastafatContent: 763.605 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 89 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein