This beautiful chicken pie is a delicious way to feed the family.
The ingredient of Chicken, leek and corn family pie
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 (about 650g) Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Thigh Fillets, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 corn cob, husk and silk removed, kernels removed
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 sheet (25cm) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Chicken, leek and corn family pie
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add half the chicken. Cook, turning occasionally, for 3 mins or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add the leek, celery and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until leek softens. Return the chicken to the pan. Sprinkle the flour over the chicken mixture. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until flour is combined. Add the stock. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Add the cream and stir to combine. Add the asparagus, corn kernels, mustard and chives and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into an 8-cup (2L) capacity ovenproof dish. Place the pastry over the filling. Use a sharp knife to trim edges. Press down pastry edge with a fork. Lightly brush with the egg. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 30 mins or until golden.
Nutritions of Chicken, leek and corn family piefatContent: 666.81 calories
saturatedFatContent: 43 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein