Asparagus and pistachio rice is the perfect addition to this creamy lemon chicken recipe.
The ingredient of Creamy lemon chicken with asparagus rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 600g Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Fillets, thinly sliced
- 40g butter
- 1 medium leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 300g button or cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 11/2 cups (375ml) Campbellu2019s Real Stock Salt Reduced Chicken
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 2/3 cup (160ml) thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Dried chilli flakes, to serve (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) SunRice Medium Grain Rice
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) Campbellu2019s Real Stock Salt Reduced Chicken
- 20g butter
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1/4 cup (35g) pistachios, toasted, chopped
The instruction how to make Creamy lemon chicken with asparagus rice
- To make the asparagus rice, combine the rice, stock and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 mins or until liquid is absorbed and rice is just tender. Remove from heat. Stir in asparagus. Set aside, covered, for 5 mins or until asparagus is tender. Use a fork to separate the grains. Stir in the pistachio.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 1 min each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the frying pan. Add the leek, mushroom, thyme and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the mushroom is golden. Stir in the stock and lemon juice. Bring to the boil. Cook for 8 mins or until liquid reduces by two-thirds.
- Return chicken to pan. Stir in cream. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 1 min or until heated through. Stir in half the chives.
- Divide asparagus rice and chicken mixture among serving bowls. Sprinkle with lemon zest, remaining chives and chilli flakes, if desired.
Nutritions of Creamy lemon chicken with asparagus ricefatContent: