Peanuts provide a crunchy and tasty coating for the succulent chicken fillets in this Asian-style burger.
The ingredient of Peanut-crusted chicken and chilli burgers
- 1 cucumber, deseeded, cut into thin sticks
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into thin sticks
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 25g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 2 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 pita pockets, halved crossways
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
The instruction how to make Peanut-crusted chicken and chilli burgers
- Place cucumber, carrot, coriander and snow pea sprouts in a bowl and toss to combine. Cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Slice each chicken fillet in half through the centre. Dip, 1 piece at a time, in egg, then coat in peanuts.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Lightly spray both sides chicken with oil. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until deep golden. Transfer to a baking tray. Bake chicken for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Place pita on a baking tray and place in oven under chicken. Heat for 4 minutes or until warmed through.
- Spread sweet chilli over pita bases. Top with cucumber mixture and chicken. Sandwich with pita tops and serve.
Nutritions of Peanut-crusted chicken and chilli burgersfatContent: 728.711 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 57 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 19 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 46 grams protein