The ingredient of Spiced chicken with garlic pea puree
- 25g (5 teaspoons) butter, at room temperature
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 300g piece (about 7cm diameter) orange sweet potato (kumara)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon flaked sea salt (like Maldon brand)
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 2 (about 380g each) chicken marylands
- 230g (1 1/2 cups) frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon water
The instruction how to make Spiced chicken with garlic pea puree
- Preheat oven to 210u00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Combine butter, garlic and fresh coriander in a small bowl. Set aside until serving.
- Peel sweet potato and cut crossways diagonally into 3cm-thick pieces. Place the sweet potato and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Place the sweet potato in a single layer on the lined tray. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cumin, ground coriander, cardamom, sea salt and cloves in a small bowl. Season with pepper. Sprinkle the spice mixture over both sides of the chicken. Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes each side or until it begins to colour.
- Add the chicken to the lined tray with the sweet potato and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and its juices run clear when pierced with a skewer, and the sweet potato is tender and golden.
- To make the garlic pea puree, use paper towel to wipe the frying pan clean. Add the peas, garlic and water to the pan. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until the peas are bright green and tender. Transfer the pea mixture to the bowl of a food processor and process until pureed. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide pea puree, chicken and sweet potato between serving plates. Pass the herb and garlic butter separately.
Nutritions of Spiced chicken with garlic pea pureefatContent: 722.975 calories
saturatedFatContent: 41 grams fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein