Create a complete meal for two with this succulent chicken, sweet potato and spinach recipe.
The ingredient of Chicken with leek and white wine sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10g (2 teaspoons) butter
- 270g orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 2 single chicken breast fillets, without tenderloin (about 200g each)
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 leek, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) dry white wine
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 bunch English spinach, ends trimmed, washed
The instruction how to make Chicken with leek and white wine sauce
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Heat half the oil and butter in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the sweet potato slices and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Transfer to the lined tray and repeat with the remaining sweet potato. Cook the sweet potato in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until tender. Wipe the frying pan clean with paper towel.
- Meanwhile, season both sides of each chicken fillet with pepper. Heat the remaining oil and butter in the frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 4 1/2 minutes each side or until golden brown and just cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Add the leek to the frying pan and cook over medium heat, uncovered, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until soft and light golden. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Increase heat to high and add the wine. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute or until sauce reduces by one-third. Stir in the cream and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly. Stir in the parsley. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place the spinach, with the water still clinging to the leaves, in a medium saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach just wilts.
- Divide the chicken, sweet potato and spinach among serving plates. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chicken with leek and white wine saucefatContent: 708.396 calories
saturatedFatContent: 41 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 27 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein
sodiumContent: 195 milligrams cholesterol