Looking for a quick midweek meal? Try these delicious roasted chicken thighs with vegetables and croutons.
The ingredient of Roasted chicken thighs with turnips and croutons
- 4 slices Coles bakery multigrain sandwich bread, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 500g Coles RSPCA approved chicken thigh fillets
- 225g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1.5cm dice
- 1 medium carrot (100g), peeled, cut into 1.5cm dice
- 1 small turnip (90g), peeled, cut into 1.5cm dice
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup Coles Brand real chicken stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup (25g) Coles Brand Australian parmesan cheese shredded
The instruction how to make Roasted chicken thighs with turnips and croutons
- Preheat oven to 175C or 155C fan-forced. Place bread on a baking tray and bake for about 10 mins, or until it becomes crisp and begins to colour. Set aside to cool. Maintain oven temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick frying pan, heat half the oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then place in the pan. Cook for 5 mins each side, or until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a 33cm x 22cm x 5cm baking dish.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat and add remaining oil. Stir in sweet potato, carrot, turnip, celery, and onion. Cook for about 5 mins, or until they begin to brown. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley and thyme.
- Fold the toasted bread into the vegetable mixture, then fold in the stock and enough water to moisten. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the bread and vegetable mixture around the chicken. Sprinkle over the parmesan and bake for 20 mins, or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Rest for 5 mins before serving.
Nutritions of Roasted chicken thighs with turnips and croutonsfatContent: 367.821 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7.1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 30.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 110 milligrams cholesterol