Turn tender, flavour-packed chicken thighs into a sticky, spicy and saucy feast with sweet baby carrots, roast tomatoes and spicy harissa.
The ingredient of Spicy chicken and chickpea tray bake
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 (about 1.2kg) chicken thigh cutlets
- 1 bunch baby carrots, peeled, trimmed
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 large Truss tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Pilpel Harissa (see Notes)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 80ml (1/3 cup) water
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- Couscous, to serve (optional)
- Low-fat Greek yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Spicy chicken and chickpea tray bake
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Heat the oil in a large flameproof roasting pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken. Cook, turning, for 6 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Remove all but 1 1u20442 tbs of fat from the pan. Reduce heat to medium. Add carrot and cook, turning occasionally, for 4 minutes or until golden. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Stir in the tomato, harissa and honey for 1 minute or until well combined. Stir in the water and chickpeas. Return chicken to the pan.
- Roast, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover. Roast for a further 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate. Stir in spinach until just wilted. Return chicken to pan. Serve with couscous, if using, and yoghurt. Season with pepper.
Nutritions of Spicy chicken and chickpea tray bakefatContent: 589.852 calories
saturatedFatContent: 32 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 26 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 46 grams protein