These Moroccan-style pies are easy to throw together using leftovers!
The ingredient of Chicken and vegetable filo spiral pies
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix
- 1 small eggplant, roasted or chargrilled
- 1 small zucchini, roasted or chargrilled
- 1 small capsicum, roasted or chargrilled
- 2/3 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded roast chicken
- 150g ricotta or feta, crumbled
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 8 sheets filo pastry, thawed
- 100g butter, melted
- White or black sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Green salad, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and vegetable filo spiral pies
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in Moroccan spice mix. Cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add vegetables, rice and chicken. Cook for 5 minutes to warm through. Season. Fold in ricotta, lemon rind and herbs.
- Place a sheet of filo on a clean work surface. Brush with melted butter. Top with another sheet of filo. Place a quarter of the filling along the longest edge of the pastry to form a 2cm-thick sausage. Fold the pastry over the filling and continue to roll up. Working quickly, form into a coil. Brush with melted butter. Place on the prepared baking tray. Repeat with remaining pastry, butter and filling to make 4 filo spirals. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake the filo spiral pies for 25 minutes or until golden and flaky. Serve with a green salad.
Nutritions of Chicken and vegetable filo spiral piesfatContent: