Give your chicken a lift with this tasty Thai-style marinade.
The ingredient of Pad Thai BBQ butterfly chicken
- 1 chicken, size 18-20
- 1 jar Valcom Pad Thai Paste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lime, zested & juiced
- 3 tablespoons Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 1 long red chilli, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Banana leaves, to serve
- Fresh basil, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Pad Thai BBQ butterfly chicken
- Turn on BBQ or pre-heat oven to 190.
- Place chicken on a board, breast side down and cut down both sides of the backbone using poultry shears or kitchen scissors. Discard backbone.
- Turn chicken over and press firmly on the breastbone to flatten. Place chicken in a non-metallic dish.
- Combine the Valcom Pad Thai paste, oil, lime, Squid Brand Fish Sauce, chilli, kaffir lime leaves and coconut sugar in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour marinade over the chicken and coat well. Allow to marinate several hours or overnight.
- Place the chicken in the pre-heated BBQ or oven on 190 for 50 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve on a board covered with banana leaf garnish with fresh basil leaves and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Pad Thai BBQ butterfly chickenfatContent: