This quick and easy Thai salad is loaded with spicy chicken bites, rice noodles, cucumber and cherry tomatoes, and is drizzled with a zesty sauce.
The ingredient of Thai salad with crispy Asian chicken
- 165g (1 cup) potato flour
- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey soy marinade, plus extra, to serve (optional)
- 2 tablespoons gochujang or sriracha sauce
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 5 pieces each
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- Thinly sliced fresh red chilli, to serve (optional)
- 150g thin rice noodles
- 2 baby cos lettuces, cut into wedges
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves or Thai basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
The instruction how to make Thai salad with crispy Asian chicken
- Place the flour on a large plate and season. Combine marinade, gochujang, vinegar and 1 tbs hot water in a large bowl. Coat the chicken in flour and shake off excess. Add chicken to the marinade mixture and toss to coat.
- Add enough oil to a saucepan to come 5cm up the side and heat over medium-high heat. Working in batches, lightly coat the chicken in flour again and shake off excess. Cook, in batches, for 4 minutes or until golden, crisp and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- For the salad, place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes or until softened. Rinse under cold running water and drain. Place the noodles, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion and mint or basil in a large bowl. Combine the lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle over salad. Toss to combine.
- Divide the salad among bowls and top with chicken. Scatter with chilli and drizzle with extra honey soy marinade, if you like.
Nutritions of Thai salad with crispy Asian chickenfatContent: 693.339 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 69 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 27 grams protein