Make your night easy with this Chinese-style crispy chicken. The garlic sauce makes it come alive!
The ingredient of Crispy skin chicken with garlic sauce
- 1.6kg whole chicken
- 2 green shallots, trimmed, halved
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, chopped
- Peanut oil, to deep-fry
- Deep-fried thinly sliced fresh red chilli, to serve (optional)
- Deep-fried green shallots, to serve (optional)
- Deep-fried garlic, to serve (optional)
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Hengshun Chinkiang Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon Yeos Pure Sesame Oil
The instruction how to make Crispy skin chicken with garlic sauce
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Place the shallot and ginger in the cavity of the chicken.
- Place a trivet or upturned saucer in the base of a stockpot or large saucepan. Pour enough water into the saucepan to come just to the top of the trivet. Place a heatproof plate on the trivet. Place the chicken on the plate. Cover and bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Steam for 1 hour 10 minutes or until chicken is just cooked. Carefully remove the chicken and set aside to cool for 2-3 hours or overnight, uncovered, in the fridge.
- For the garlic & vinegar sauce, combine all the ingredients in a jug. Cover and set aside to allow the flavours to develop.
- Use a sharp knife or kitchen scissors to cut the chicken in half. Cut away the backbone and discard.
- Pour enough oil to come one-quarter of the way up the side of a wok. Heat over high heat until temperature reaches 180u00b0C on a cooku2019s thermometer. Carefully lower 1 of the chicken halves into the oil. Cook, turning, for 7-8 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack set over a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining chicken half. Cut into smaller pieces and transfer to a platter. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with fried chilli, shallot and garlic if using
Nutritions of Crispy skin chicken with garlic saucefatContent: