A slow roasted chicken is the perfect way to spend a Sunday. Invite the crew and indulge, in simple and delicious style.
The ingredient of Slow-roasted garlic chicken and vegetables
- 1.6kg whole chicken
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 garlic bulbs, halved crossways
- 2 brown onions, unpeeled, halved crossways
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 500g Kent pumpkin, cut into wedges
- 6 large cream delight potatoes, cut into large pieces
- 1 sprig fresh bay leaves (optional)
- 200g green beans, steamed, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow-roasted garlic chicken and vegetables
- Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan-forced.
- Using paper towel, pat any excess moisture from the chicken. Place lemon and 1/2 the thyme sprigs in the cavity of the chicken. Using kitchen string, tie legs together to secure.
- Pour stock into a medium roasting pan. Place garlic bulbs and onion, cut-side up, in pan. Top with remaining thyme sprigs, then top with the chicken. Drizzle chicken with oil. Sprinkle with salt and season with pepper. Cover pan with greased foil. Roast chicken for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and potato to pan. Cook, covered, for a further 15 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Add bay leaves (if using) to the pan. Roast for a further 25 minutes or until vegetables and chicken are browned and juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with a skewer. Serve chicken with pan juices, roasted vegetables and green beans.
Nutritions of Slow-roasted garlic chicken and vegetablesfatContent: 730.623 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 51.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 50.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 191 milligrams cholesterol