The humble chicken dinner gets an upgrade with crispy prosciutto and a rich mushroom sauce.
The ingredient of Prosciutto-wrapped chicken with mushroom sauce
- 4 small chicken breast fillets
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 150g Primo Gourmet Selection Prosciutto
- 20g butter
- 200g small Swiss brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 300ml cooking cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Sliced roast Brussels sprouts, to serve, optional
The instruction how to make Prosciutto-wrapped chicken with mushroom sauce
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line an oven tray with non-stick baking paper. Season each chicken breast with pepper. Scatter the spring onions over the top of each breast fillet. Wrap in prosciutto and place on prepared tray. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until prosciutto is lightly crisp and the chicken is cooked through. Reserve tray juices.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown and softened. Add a splash of water if the mushrooms need moisture. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sherry and cook for 1 minute. Stir in combined cream, mustard and honey. Simmer sauce for 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened. Add reserved pan juices and season well, then simmer for a further 1 minute. Remove from heat. Cut chicken into thick slices or leave whole and plate. Spoon over sauce and serve with crispy roasted Brussel sprouts.
Nutritions of Prosciutto-wrapped chicken with mushroom saucefatContent: