Barbecued chicken skewers served with creamy potato salad makes for a quick 20-minute meal.
The ingredient of Portuguese chicken skewers with potato salad
- 800g chat potatoes
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup peri peri Portuguese BBQ marinade
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh oregano leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 4 large (650g total) chicken thigh fillets
- 3 lemons
- 4 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 80g mixed salad leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
The instruction how to make Portuguese chicken skewers with potato salad
- Prick each potato with a fork. Place on a large microwave-safe plate. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon water. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 6 minutes or until tender. Stand for 2 minutes. Cut in half.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, 3 teaspoons marinade and 1 teaspoon oregano in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut each chicken thigh crossways into 4 pieces. Place in a bowl. Add remaining marinade and oregano. Toss to coat. Using 2 skewers side-by-side, thread 4 pieces of chicken onto skewers. Repeat with remaining chicken to make 4 skewers.
- Heat a greased barbecue grill and hotplate on medium heat. Cut 2 lemons in half. Juice remaining lemon and reserve. Cook lemon halves on grill, for 2 to 3 minutes or until beginning to char. Cook skewers on hotplate, turning, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Place potato, radish, onion and salad leaves in a bowl. Drizzle with oil and 2 tablespoons of reserved lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken skewers with potato salad, charred lemon, mayonnaise mixture and extra oregano sprigs.
Nutritions of Portuguese chicken skewers with potato saladfatContent: 648.168 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 36.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 36.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 135 milligrams cholesterol