Drizzle orange-infused honey glaze over this tender, slow-cooked citrus chicken.
The ingredient of Slow-cooker sticky citrus chicken
- 1.8kg whole chicken
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 orange, quartered
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 bunch dutch carrots, trimmed
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow-cooker sticky citrus chicken
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel (including cavity). Tuck wings under. Tie legs together with kitchen string. Rub chicken all over with 1 teaspoon paprika. Season with salt. Squeeze orange quarters into a 5.5 litre slow cooker. Add squeezed orange quarters, thyme, stock and onion to slow cooker. Top with chicken. Cover. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours 30 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Add carrots. Cook on HIGH for a further 15 minutes. Add beans and broccolini. Cook for a further 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through. Turn slow cooker off. Rest for 15 minutes.
- Place orange juice, honey, garlic and remaining paprika in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook for 1 minute or until honey dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high heat. Cook, without stirring, for 4 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a large serving platter. Drizzle honey glaze all over chicken. Sprinkle with extra thyme. Serve with bread.
Nutritions of Slow-cooker sticky citrus chickenfatContent: