Start the week with a nutritious Asian-style chicken salad.
The ingredient of Lime & pepper vietnamese chicken salad
- 2 (about 200g each) chicken breast fillets, halved lengthways
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 200g green round beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 2 baby cos lettuces, trimmed, shredded
- 200g punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 110g (2 cups) trimmed bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Olive oil spray
The instruction how to make Lime & pepper vietnamese chicken salad
- 1 Place chicken in a glass or ceramic dish. Combine lime juice and rind, chilli, fish sauce, pepper and sugar in a bowl. Add half the mixture to chicken. Turn to coat. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, cook beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until bright green and tender-crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain. Combine beans, lettuce, tomato, bean sprouts and mint in a large bowl.
- 3 Heat a non-stick frying pan on high. Spray with oil. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Thickly slice.
- 4 Drizzle remaining lime juice mixture over salad and toss to combine. Divide salad among plates and top with chicken.
Nutritions of Lime & pepper vietnamese chicken saladfatContent: 176.86 calories
saturatedFatContent: 2.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 27 grams protein