The ingredient of Malaysian kaffir lime chicken curry
- 4 (about 900g) single chicken breasts on the bone
- 125ml (1/2 cup) light coconut milk
- 150g (about 5) eschalots (French shallots)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon grass stem, pale section only
- 3 medium fresh red chillies
- 3cm piece fresh galangal
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 200g green beans
- 8 kaffir lime leaves
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 medium fresh red chilli, extra, thinly sliced, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Malaysian kaffir lime chicken curry
- Remove skin and trim any excess fat from chicken. Place the chicken and coconut milk in a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the eschalots and garlic. Quarter the eschalots. Coarsely chop the lemon grass. Deseed and coarsely chop the chillies. Peel and coarsely chop the galangal. Place the eschalots, garlic, lemon grass, chillies, galangal, water, vegetable oil and turmeric in the bowl of a food processor. Process until mixture forms a coarse paste.
- Add the paste to the chicken in the pan and mix until well combined. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, top and tail beans, and halve crossways. Finely shred kaffir lime leaves, discarding centre veins. Stir beans and lime leaves into curry. Cook for 5 minutes or until beans are tender crisp and chicken is cooked.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with the rice, lemon wedges and the extra chilli, if desired.
Nutritions of Malaysian kaffir lime chicken curryfatContent: 182.835 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
sugarContent: 6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 25 grams protein