This chicken and pumpkin meal is best prepared in a slow cooker but instructions are included for cooking in the oven.
The ingredient of Slow-cooked chicken with pancetta and pumpkin
- 1.5kg whole chicken
- 1 red onion, cut into large wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into large wedges
- 150g piece pancetta, roughly diced
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into large wedges
- Flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped, to serve
- Herbed couscous, to serve
- Zucchini, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow-cooked chicken with pancetta and pumpkin
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with oil spray. Rub the chicken with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper. Cook the chicken, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides. Transfer to a plate.
- Place the chicken in the bowl of a slow cooker. Add the onion, lemon, and pancetta. Cover and cook according to the slow cooker manufacturers instructions (see note).
- Thirty minutes before serving, brown the pumpkin in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Add pumpkin to slow cooker, cover and continue to cook. Transfer chicken to a plate, carve and divide between serving plates. Carve and divide between serving plates along with the pancetta and pumpkin. Drizzle with remaining cooking juices and scatter with flat-leaf parsley. If desired, serve with herbed couscous.
Nutritions of Slow-cooked chicken with pancetta and pumpkinfatContent: 431.156 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 64 grams protein
sodiumContent: 198 milligrams cholesterol