Simple, casual and creative - this chicken curry has all the right ingredients for a stress-free midweek dinner.
The ingredient of Coconut chicken curry with coriander pesto
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 800g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons coriander pesto, plus extra to serve (see note)
- 1 cup (250ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- 4-6 small chat potatoes, quartered
- 1-2 tablespoons fish sauce, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Coconut chicken curry with coriander pesto
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic and curry paste and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add chicken and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat in paste, then stir in pesto, stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes until chicken is almost cooked. Add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes until tender. Add fish sauce and lime juice to taste.
- Divide the curry among bowls, season, then scatter with coriander and serve with lime and extra coriander pesto if desired.
Nutritions of Coconut chicken curry with coriander pestofatContent: 647.451 calories
saturatedFatContent: 43 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 21 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 42 grams protein
sodiumContent: 158 milligrams cholesterol