The secret to a good stir-fry is keeping it simple, and this Chinese-style dish has all the fresh flavour, sweetness and crunch you need.
The ingredient of Stir-fried chicken with celery & shallots
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons light olive oil
- 600g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 large celery sticks, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Pinch of ground white pepper
- Steamed white rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Stir-fried chicken with celery & shallots
- Combine oyster sauce, sherry, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil in a small bowl. Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and heat until smoking. Add half the chicken. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with 1 teaspoon of the remaining olive oil and remaining chicken.
- Heat remaining olive oil in the wok. Add the celery and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until soft. Add the chicken and sherry mixture. Toss to coat. Stir in half the shallot. Season with white pepper.
- Divide rice and stir-fry among serving bowls. Top with remaining shallot to serve.
Nutritions of Stir-fried chicken with celery & shallotsfatContent: 229.679 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 5 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 34 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol