Indulge in a bit of Indonesian-style dining at home during the week with this delicious dish that is ready in a flash.
The ingredient of Chicken satay skewers with cucumber salad
- 3 (about 600g) chicken breast fillets
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped palm sugar
- 1/2 cup (80g) toasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 x 270ml can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 2 red radishes, trimmed, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken satay skewers with cucumber salad
- Use a large sharp knife to cut through each chicken breast crossways. Cut lengthways into thirds and place in a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- Combine the lemongrass, ginger, soy sauce, coriander, cumin and turmeric and 2 teaspoons of the palm sugar in a small bowl. Add half the paste to the chicken; toss to coat and set aside for 15 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining paste, peanuts and coconut milk in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens and is heated through. Add the lime juice, fish sauce and remaining sugar and stir to combine. Taste and season further with extra lime juice, fish sauce or sugar, if desired.
- Heat a barbecue or char-grill pan on medium. Thread the chicken evenly among pre-soaked skewers. Cook on preheated grill for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Combine the cucumber, radish, mint and coriander in a medium bowl. Divide evenly among serving plates. Place the chicken skewers on plates and drizzle with peanut sauce. Serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice, if desired.
Nutritions of Chicken satay skewers with cucumber saladfatContent: 424.225 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 41 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol