Quick and no-fuss, this chicken stir-fry is a great recipe when youre short on time.
The ingredient of Sticky caramel chicken stir-fry
- 2 tablespoons Chinese caramel sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon shao hsing (Chinese cooking wine)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 600g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups white long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon Alfa One rice bran oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch baby pak choy, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Sticky caramel chicken stir-fry
- Combine caramel sauce, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, rice wine and brown sugar in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add chicken. Stir to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or overnight, if time permits.
- Bring 3 cups cold water to boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add rice. Stir and return to the boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil. Swirl to coat. Add half the chicken mixture. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with oil and remaining chicken mixture.
- Heat remaining oil in wok. Swirl to coat. Add onion, garlic and chilli. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Add capsicum. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until capsicum is just tender. Return chicken and any juices to wok with pak choy. Season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice and sprinkled with green onion and coriander.
Nutritions of Sticky caramel chicken stir-fryfatContent: 827.657 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 59.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 57.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 145 milligrams cholesterol