For a lighter spring meal serve up this tasty smashed potato, pea and chicken salad.
The ingredient of Smashed potato, pea and chicken salad
- 500g baby potatoes, halved
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 1 Coles RSPCA approved hot roast chicken, coarsely shredded
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced diagonally
- 120g pkt Coles Brand Australian Baby Rocket
- 1/3 cup (100g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
- Lemon zest, to serve
The instruction how to make Smashed potato, pea and chicken salad
- Cook the potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 10 mins or until tender. Add the peas and cook for a further 2 mins or until bright green and heated through. Refresh under cold water. Drain well.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon to lightly crush the potatoes and peas. Place in a large bowl. Add the chicken, spring onion, celery and rocket. Gently toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and chives in a bowl. Add half the dressing to the chicken mixture and combine. Divide among serving plates. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with almonds and lemon zest.
Nutritions of Smashed potato, pea and chicken saladfatContent: 492.34 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 40 grams protein