Create a fiesta in your mouth with this Mexican inspired chicken soup.
The ingredient of Mexican chicken soup with avocado salsa
- 2 small chicken breast fillets
- 1 Massel chicken style stock cube
- 1 litre water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 large avocado, halved, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 420g can corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Corn chips, to serve
The instruction how to make Mexican chicken soup with avocado salsa
- Place the chicken and stock cube in a small frypan and cover with the water. Bring to a gentle simmer over low heat. Cook for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Use tongs to transfer the chicken to a plate and reserve the liquid. Allow chicken to cool slightly and then shred the flesh.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the cumin and chilli, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the reserved liquid and tomatoes to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the shredded chicken and kidney beans and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until soup thickens. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, combine the avocado, corn, coriander and lime juice in a small bowl. Ladle soup into serving bowls. Top with avocado salsa and serve with corn chips.
Nutritions of Mexican chicken soup with avocado salsafatContent: 512.655 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 41 grams protein