How do you make chicken chow mein even easier? Turn it into a tray bake, thats how!
The ingredient of Chicken chow mein tray bake
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 80ml (1/3 cup) light soy sauce
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Chinese rice wine
- 45g (1/4 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 350g pkt fresh chow mein noodles
- 800g chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, quartered
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 green or red capsicum, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- 2 carrots, peeled, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 wombok (Chinese cabbage), finely shredded
- Sesame oil, to drizzle
- Sliced green shallot, to serve
- Sliced long fresh red chilli, to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken chow mein tray bake
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Pour the olive oil into a large baking dish and place in the oven for 5 minutes to heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the stock, soy sauce, rice wine and sugar in a jug. Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Set aside to soak until required.
- Add the chicken, onion, ginger and garlic to the preheated dish. Toss to coat. Add the capsicum, celery and carrot. Pour in one-third of the soy sauce mixture. Toss to combine. Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is golden.
- Drain the noodles and add to the dish with the cabbage and remaining soy sauce mixture. Toss to combine. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until the noodles on top are crispy.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and serve topped with shallot, chilli and coriander.
Nutritions of Chicken chow mein tray bakefatContent: