Use chicken sausage for a quick short cut to this meatball and baby broccoli pasta.
The ingredient of Chicken sausage and baby broccoli penne
- 300g penne
- 2 bunches baby broccoli, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 375g Coles Simply Less Chicken Sausages, skins removed
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 120g pkt Coles Brand Australian Baby Rocket
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/3 cup (25g) shaved parmesan
The instruction how to make Chicken sausage and baby broccoli penne
- Cook the penne in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente, adding the baby broccoli in the last 2 mins of cooking. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add sausage and cook, coarsely breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 6 mins or until golden brown and cooked through. Add the chilli and garlic and cook for 1 min or until aromatic.
- Add the penne mixture, lemon juice, lemon zest, rocket, basil, remaining oil and half the parmesan to the frying pan. Toss to combine. Season.
- Divide among serving plates. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan to serve.
Nutritions of Chicken sausage and baby broccoli pennefatContent: 608.733 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 58 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein