Make the most of seasonal vegetables with this delicious roast chicken, parsnip, leek, and brussels sprout winter main.
The ingredient of Fennel roasted chicken with winter vegetables
- 2.1kg Steggles Chicken Family Feast Roast
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 4 beetroot, peeled, halved
- 2 leek, white part only, cut into 3cm-thick slices
- 350g pkt Coles Australian Parsnips, peeled, halved lengthways
- 1/4 Kent pumpkin, seeded, cut into 4cm pieces
- 150g brussels sprouts, halved
- Chicken-flavoured gravy, to serve
- Torn Coles Bakery Rustic Baguette, to serve
The instruction how to make Fennel roasted chicken with winter vegetables
- Preheat oven to 190C. Pat chicken dry with paper towel. Use kitchen string to tie the legs together. Tuck the wings under the chicken. Place in a large roasting pan. Combine the fennel seeds, half the oil and the salt in a small bowl. Rub the fennel mixture all over the chicken to coat.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Arrange the beetroot, leek, parsnip and pumpkin around the chicken in the pan, turning the vegetables to coat in any pan juices. Roast for 30 mins. Add the brussels sprout to the pan. Roast for 20 mins or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Set aside for 10 mins to rest.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables with the gravy and bread.
Nutritions of Fennel roasted chicken with winter vegetablesfatContent: