For the last official day of winter, treat yourself and your loved ones to this delicious slow-cooked chicken.
The ingredient of Slow-braised chicken in white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 (about 2kg) chicken pieces, such as drumsticks and thigh fillets
- 200g speck, coarsely chopped
- 2 brown onions, halved, coarsely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 500ml (2 cups) dry white wine
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 6 sprigs fresh oregano
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Slow-braised chicken in white wine
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Heat half the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add a quarter of the chicken and cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Repeat with the remaining chicken, reheating the pan between batches.
- Add the speck to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until brown. Transfer to the bowl with the chicken. Add remaining oil to the pan. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and anchovy and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Return chicken and speck to the pan with the wine, stock, capers, oregano and rosemary and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and add tomato.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish. Bake in oven, loosely covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is tender and the sauce thickens. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with parmesan polenta (see related recipe).
Nutritions of Slow-braised chicken in white winefatContent: 419.684 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 3 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 40 grams protein