The ingredient of Stir-fried chicken with egg noodles
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) oyster sauce
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) soy sauce
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) sweet chilli sauce
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon cornflour, plus extra 1 teaspoon
- 400g thin egg noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 300g chicken breast fillets, cut into thin strips
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) vegetable oil
- 1 yellow capsicum, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 4 shallots (spring onions), cut into 2cm lengths
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.5cm piece ginger, grated
- 100g snow peas, trimmed
- 12 shiitake mushrooms
- 75g roasted cashew nuts
The instruction how to make Stir-fried chicken with egg noodles
- Place oyster, soy and sweet chilli sauces in a bowl with the stock and extra teaspoon of cornflour. Stir to combine, then set aside.
- Soak noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine five-spice and remaining cornflour, add chicken and toss to coat. Place 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok over high heat, add chicken and cook until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Add remaining oil to wok and stir-fry capsicums for 1-2 minutes. Add the shallots, garlic, ginger, snow peas and mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 minute. Return chicken to pan, add sauce mixture and cook for 1 minute until thickened.
- Toss in half the nuts. Drain noodles and divide between bowls. Top with stir-fry and remaining nuts.
Nutritions of Stir-fried chicken with egg noodlesfatContent: 567.625 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
sugarContent: 56 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein