Tender chicken thighs are given an Asian inspired twist in this succulent yoghurt-rubbed chicken with tomato lentils recipe
The ingredient of Yoghurt-rubbed chicken with tomato lentils
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/2 cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 bunch coriander, washed, dried
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Yoghurt-rubbed chicken with tomato lentils
- Spray a saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add onion, cumin, half the garlic and 1 teaspoon turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is soft. Add lentils and cook for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and 2 cups cold water. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce comes to the boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile, remove leaves from coriander and set aside. Roughly chop stems and roots. Combine with yoghurt, paprika, chilli, remaining garlic and remaining turmeric in a bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook chicken for 10 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Stir coriander leaves into lentil mixture. Divide chicken among plates. Serve with tomato lentils and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Yoghurt-rubbed chicken with tomato lentilsfatContent: 302.813 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 33 grams protein
sodiumContent: 104 milligrams cholesterol