The ingredient of Twice-cooked crispy skinned chicken
- 2 small (about 800g each) whole fresh chickens
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 stems lemon grass, pale section only, bruised
- 4 small fresh red chillies, bruised
- 5cm-piece fresh ginger, halved, bruised
- 1 bunch coriander, roots and stems only, washed, dried, bruised
- 1L (4 cups) cold water
- 2 tablespoons yellowbox honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ground Chinese five spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (Masterfoods Peppercorn Medley brand)
- Coriander leaves, extra, to garnish
The instruction how to make Twice-cooked crispy skinned chicken
- Rinse chicken cavities under cold water. Pat dry with paper towel inside and out. Pour lemon juice over chickens and use your hands to rub into the skin. Divide lemon, lemon grass, chillies, ginger and coriander among cavities. Place chickens in a large wok and add the water. Cover and bring to the boil over medium-low heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat. Drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Combine the honey, sesame oil, Chinese five spice, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Transfer chickens to a roasting pan and brush with honey mixture. Roast in preheated oven, brushing occasionally with pan juices, for 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven. Remove and discard lemon mixture from cavities.
- Use kitchen scissors to cut chickens into small pieces. Arrange on a serving platter and sprinkle with coriander leaves to garnish. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Twice-cooked crispy skinned chickenfatContent: 397.218 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein
sodiumContent: 148 milligrams cholesterol