Our fresh twist on a Vietnamese-style chicken salad is a summertime hit.
The ingredient of Coconut-poached chicken and mango salad
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 4cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 6 coriander stems
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) coconut milk
- 4 (about 800g) chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated palm sugar
- 2 fresh mangoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions (shallots), thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Roasted cashews, coarsely chopped, to serve
The instruction how to make Coconut-poached chicken and mango salad
- Bring stock, ginger, coriander stems and 250ml (1 cup) coconut milk to a simmer in a deep frying pan over low heat. Add the chicken. Cook for 15 minutes or until just cooked. Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to infuse. Use tongs to transfer to a plate. Set aside to cool. Shred.
- Meanwhile, combine the lime juice, fish sauce, palm sugar and remaining coconut milk in a small bowl.
- Combine the chicken, dressing, mango, avocado, capsicum, spring onion, chilli, half the mint and half the coriander leaves in a large bowl. Transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with the cashew and the remaining mint and coriander.
Nutritions of Coconut-poached chicken and mango saladfatContent: 551.373 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 19 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 17 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 50 grams protein
sodiumContent: 118 milligrams cholesterol