Stuffed with bocconcini, semi-dried tomatoes and basil, this pizza-inspired hasselback chicken will be a hit with the family.
The ingredient of Hasselback chicken with lemon-roasted broccoli
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 210g tub bocconcini, drained, sliced
- 1/3 cup drained semi-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 50g baby spinach
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Hasselback chicken with lemon-roasted broccoli
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut 5 deep slits into the top of each chicken breast, being careful not to cut the whole way through. Drizzle a large baking tray with sides with 1/2 the oil. Place chicken on tray, cut-side up. Place bocconcini, tomatoes and basil in slits in chicken.
- Arrange broccoli and cauliflower around chicken on tray. Drizzle chicken and vegetables with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes. Sprinkle chicken and vegetables with lemon zest, pepitas and garlic. Roast for a further 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon juice and pesto in a small bowl. Drizzle over chicken. Top vegetables with baby spinach. Serve chicken and vegetables with crusty bread and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Hasselback chicken with lemon-roasted broccolifatContent: 659.879 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 71.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 156 milligrams cholesterol