Crispy roast chicken stuffed with a creamy ricotta, lemon and herb mix.
The ingredient of Ricotta, lemon and herb stuffed chicken
- 365g (1 1/2 cups) fresh ricotta
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, chives and parsley), plus extra sprigs, to serve
- 20g (1/4 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to drizzle
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, plus extra wedges, to serve
- 1.8kg whole chicken
The instruction how to make Ricotta, lemon and herb stuffed chicken
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine the ricotta, herbs, parmesan, oil and lemon rind in a bowl. Season.
- Place the chicken, breast side down, on a work surface. Use kitchen scissors to cut along either side of backbone. Discard the backbone. Turn the chicken over and push down to flatten. Carefully slide your fingers between the chicken skin and breast meat to form 2 pockets, taking care not to tear the skin. Gently spread the ricotta mixture between skin and breast meat.
- Drizzle extra olive oil over the chicken and rub to coat. Season. Place the chicken, breast side up, on the prepared tray. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is golden. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Cut into portions and serve with the extra lemon wedges and herb sprigs.
Nutritions of Ricotta, lemon and herb stuffed chickenfatContent: