The ingredient of Poached chicken with broth & vermicelli noodles
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander stems
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, centre veins removed, leaves finely shredded lengthways
- 2 large (about 200g each) single chicken breast fillets, visible fat trimmed, tenderloins detached
- 1 bunch choy sum, washed
- 2 large fresh red chillies, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 125g pkt rice vermicelli noodles (Trident brand)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Poached chicken with broth & vermicelli noodles
- Combine water, coriander stems, ginger, garlic and half the lime leaves in a frying pan, and bring to a simmer. Add chicken fillets and tenderloins, cover, and simmer over low heat, removing tenderloins after 5 minutes, for 10 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through. Place tenderloins and chicken on a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- While chicken is resting, cut choy sum stems into 4cm lengths and coarsely shred the leaves. Add the stems to the frying pan of stock and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Add the remaining lime leaves, choy sum leaves, chillies and fish sauce, and simmer, covered, for 1 minute or until choy sum leaves wilt.
- Meanwhile, add noodles to a large saucepan of boiling water and cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain well and divide among serving bowls.
- Cut the chicken across the grain into thin slices and place on top of the noodles.
- Ladle the choy sum and broth over the chicken and top with the coriander leaves. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Poached chicken with broth & vermicelli noodlesfatContent: 253.34 calories
saturatedFatContent: 2.5 grams fat
sugarContent: 31 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 27 grams protein