The ingredient of Penang chicken & bamboo shoot skewers
- 4 tablespoons (100g) penang curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 165ml can light coconut milk
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 190g can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Penang chicken & bamboo shoot skewers
- Soak eight 20cm wooden skewers in hot water for 10 minutes. Mix the curry paste, fish sauce and coconut milk, then add chicken and turn to coat.
- Thread 3 alternating pieces of capsicum, bamboo and chicken onto each skewer. Add 1/4 cup (60ml) water to remaining marinade and set aside. Cook the rice according to packet instructions, then toss with the coriander.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frypan over medium-high heat. In batches if necessary, add the chicken skewers and cook for 1-2 minutes on each of the 4 sides. Pour over the reserved marinade and bring to the boil, then simmer over low heat for 2 minutes or until marinade thickens slightly. Serve the skewers with rice and drizzle with the pan juices.
Nutritions of Penang chicken & bamboo shoot skewersfatContent: 549.939 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 55 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 45 grams protein
sodiumContent: 101 milligrams cholesterol