With the weather getting warmer, this cafe-style meal gives Thursday nights dinner a citrusy twist.
The ingredient of Chicken with avocado and pink grapefruit salad
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 1 large avocado, peeled, cut into wedges
- 250g bunch watercress, stalks trimmed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 6 chicken breast fillets (with skin)
- 2 tablespoons slivered pistachio kernels*
- 250g thick Greek-style yoghurt
The instruction how to make Chicken with avocado and pink grapefruit salad
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C.
- Remove grapefruit peel and pith. Holding the fruit in your hand (over a bowl to catch the juice), cut the segments away from the membrane with a small knife. Squeeze the remains to catch extra juice, then set juice aside and place segments in a bowl with avocado and watercress.
- Brush the chicken with extra oil and season. Cook in a large frypan over high heat for 1-2 minutes each side until golden. Place on a baking tray and roast for 5-6 minutes until cooked.
- Meanwhile, whisk the oil, sugar and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice into the grapefruit juice. Season, then toss with the salad and nuts. Mix the remaining lemon juice with yoghurt and season.
- Slice the chicken thickly and serve with the salad and lemon yoghurt.
Nutritions of Chicken with avocado and pink grapefruit saladfatContent: 564.279 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 12 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 59 grams protein
sodiumContent: 152 milligrams cholesterol